The Fulbright Senior Postdoctoral Program 2017-2018
The Fulbright Senior Postdoctoral program provides international travel, accident/sickness insurance and a monthly stipend covering accommodation and living expenses.
Eligible Fields: any field, except clinical medicine and other clinical disciplines.
Grant duration: 3 - 6 months.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• hold Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
• hold or expect to receive a PhD or equivalent (certified) in a relevant area before departure to the U.S.;
• show a proficiency in English corresponding to the proposed research or teaching project; a TOEFL score is not necessary; interviews will be conducted in English.
The preference for candidates without extensive previous experience in the U.S. applies at each stage of competition. Candidates studying, teaching or conducting academic research in the U.S. at the time of application are ineligible for a Fulbright grant.
Each applicant will be required to submit:
• an online application form: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/;
• a detailed statement of proposed activity for research and/or lecturing at a U.S. university, uploaded to the online application;
• three letters of reference*, directly uploaded to the online application by the referees (university professors and/or other acknowledged Romanian or foreign professionals);
• a photocopy of the PhD diploma e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Please refer to the complete online application instructions HERE.
• applications are pre-screened;
• the assessment of the projects is performed by Fulbright alumni and leading Romanian and U.S. scholars in the respective fields of knowledge;
• the applicants recommended by reviewers will be invited to an interview carried out by a bi-national panel, in January, 2017;
• the nominated finalists are subject to final approval by the Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB).
• applicants are strongly encouraged to attach invitation letter(s) from potential U.S. host institution(s) that must be provided by mid-December, 2016;
• documents will not be returned; only online applications will be accepted;
• a letter of support from home Institution is not required.
• applications or supporting materials, including references, received after the deadline will be deemed ineligible.
*Referees must submit their references through the online Embark System by the competition deadline October 17, 2016. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure referees submit on time to avoid an incomplete application. Recommendations as official hardcopies including original signature are also accepted as an alternative. These should be sent to the Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission, Ing. N. Costinescu Street No. 2, 011878, Sector 1, Bucharest no later than October 17, 2016 (postmarked);
The Fulbright online application system is called Embark and is used by all Fulbright Commissions worldwide. Each Commission sets its own policies, procedures and country-specific instructions for filling out the online application. Before beginning an application carefully check the requirements included in the announcement of the Fulbright Senior Postdoctoral Program 2017-2018 for Romanian citizens.
For further details, please send your inquiries to email@example.com
My fulbright experience
Students at the advising center