The Fulbright-RAF Scholar Award 2017-2018
The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission announces the Fulbright-RAF (Romanian-American Foundation) Scholar Award, dedicated to Romanian academics from technical universities and faculties who wish to carry out a semester-long fellowship in residence at the University of Rochester – AIN Center for Entrepreneurship, for study and independent research, curriculum development, classroom observation and participation in community-based entrepreneurial activities.
The success of the program entails visionary professors committed to learning and implementing best practices in entrepreneurship education as well as university administrators committed to supporting new programs for their students.
The program starts in August 2017 and will provide the Romanian fellows with valuable experience enabling them to develop high-quality entrepreneurship education opportunities for university students throughout Romania.
Eligible Fields: Entrepreneurship & Product Development
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• hold Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
• hold a PhD degree and carry out regular teaching responsibilities;
• demonstrate interest and ability to fully participate in the educational experience and to implement entrepreneurship education upon return;
• show willingness to advance educational innovation through development of a national entrepreneurship education association;
• have the support* of their home university for achievement of high impact results for Romanian students;
• show a proficiency in English corresponding to the activities required by this type of program; a language proficiency test is not required.
*Home university administrators should submit the University Letter of Support to confirm their support for scholar’s participation in the program and also for implementation of entrepreneurship education opportunities upon his/her return.
Each applicant will be required to submit:
• an online application form (https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/);
• a personal statement uploaded to the online application;
• one letter of support, provided by your home university administrator/vice-rector or faculty dean using the standard form directly uploaded to the online application, by October 31st, 2016 (postmarked);
• the applicant’s CV, along with a valid passport copy, plus dependent’s valid passports (if need be), uploaded to the corresponding sections of the online application;
The applicants are strongly encouraged to refer to the application instructions HERE
APPLICATIONS OR SUPPORTING MATERIALS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
The Fulbright online application system is called Embark and is used by all Fulbright Commissions worldwide. Each Commission sets its own policies, procedures and country-specific instructions for filling out the online application. Before beginning an application carefully check the requirements included in the announcement of the Fulbright/RAF Award program and the application instructions.
My fulbright experience
Students at the advising center
- Anna's Odyssey - by Anna Claspy
- RomericanJourney - by Damaris Lois Bangean
- A Most Unexpected Year - by Melanie Shoffner
- Eric Fretz
- Polar Bear in the Balkans - by David Jimenez
- Romaniadventure - by Anna Sherod
- Romania plus Hannah equals a blog - by Hannah Wolf
- A Palette for Thought - by Elijah Ferbrache
- A Year in Romania - by Anne Murray
- Lauren Hermele
- Katelyn Arlene Browher